Storm-Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The upcoming Doomwar

+2
The Weather God
God Of The Storm
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The upcoming Doomwar Empty The upcoming Doomwar

Post by God Of The Storm Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 am

What can you tell us about the plot of "DoomWar?" Is this a superhero story? A war story between Doom's Latveria and Wakanda? A combination of both? Or, maybe, something different?

"DoomWar" is coming in February, 2010

Wakanda is not going to war with Latveria. Plain and simple. This war is between Doom and the growing number of people from the super hero community who have been injured by him. It's personal, but there are larger issues at stake. This is a battle between good and evil, but the whole story takes place in an increasingly murky gray area, - legally, morally, politically and ethically.

One of the current plot threads you, Will, and Ken are developing in "Black Panther" is T'Challa's revenge-driven scheme against Doom for almost killing him in earlier issues. Is this plot thread sort of the fuse that ignites "DoomWar?" And will "DoomWar" and "Black Panther" publish simultaneously?

"DoomWar" is something Marvel's been building toward since the relaunch of "Black Panther." Reggie Hudlin did a bang-up job of laying the groundwork for it in the first two issues, and when I took over for issue #7, I shifted right back into it. Doom and the Panther have had a running fight for a long time now, and a major collision just could not be avoided.

During the run of "DoomWar," the regular "BP" comic will be on hiatus, no question. The events in this story are a watershed moment, and after it's over, nothing will ever be quite the same in Wakanda.

However, "DoomWar" is much bigger than the regular Panther comic. There are roots of this that go back to "Civil War" and "Dark Reign." It's a major event in the lives of a number of Marvel characters. It's not just a story about the Wakandan Royals, even though they're the centerpiece. Every character in the story has his own agenda.

The cast of "DoomWar" makes it sound like an event that could affect a large segment of the Marvel Universe. From the information Marvel sent me, it sounds like your cast for this story includes The Black Panther and the Royal Family of Wakanda, members of the X-Men and Fantastic Four, and even Deadpool. Whose perspective will you be telling the story from? Or will "DoomWar" feature multiple P.O.V.s?

The story follows several characters who are fighting on different fronts, and that will mean a shifting POV. The needs of the scene will dictate which character drives the action, so you can expect, say, a few classic Deadpool moments, and Wolverine and the others will absolutely have their moments to shine

Understand, as much as this is a Marvel event, this is also a dream project for a writer like me who treasures character development. I'm going to have five meaty issues to be able to spin this yarn, and I'll be able to use many of my favorite characters in ways that will demonstrate the qualities I've always admired about them.

What's it like writing Deadpool? What made you want to include him in this series. and how would describe the dynamic between him and the other heroes?

Black PantherThe roots of "DoomWar" sprouted in early issues of "Black Panther"

Deadpool is uncomfortably close to me at times. He's a smartass, he has an inner life that's weirdly interactive, and he loves a good fight. Back in my younger days, when I was a tournament competitor in full-contact martial arts and later as a bodyguard, I was known for a deeply inappropriate sense of humor during the most stressful times. People told me that I'd be cracking jokes on the way to the hospital with an icepick sticking out of my stomach - joking with the guy who did it, who was strapped to a gurney in the same ambulance with all the broken bones I'd given him. So - Deadpool - yeah, I get him.

As far as his role in the series - T'Challa is going to need a team to do some wetwork, and he needs the best of the best. Wolverine signs on because the job is rescuing Storm, and she's family to him; but Deadpool is in it for the money...and he's being offered a lot of it. Deadpool has also fallen in love with the new Panther, with Storm, and with the entire group of women warriors who are working with him - so he thinks he's doing it for love. And money. He's always about the money - after all, who knows what absurdly extravagant toy is waiting for the right sucker to come along and buy it.

Deadpool is not a good team player. He thinks he is, but he's badly misinformed. T'Challa finds him a useful annoyance; Shuri loathes him; Colossus and Nightcrawler don't understand why anyone likes him; and the Thing would be happy to punch him into orbit. But the boy can rack up a body count, and that will matter in "DoomWar."

What's it like writing Doctor Doom? And with an army assembled from the ranks of two of the Marvel U's premier superteams out to take him down it seems like the good Doctor might be outgunned. But is he?

You know that old saying about how you should never ‘assume'? Sure, Doom's been defeated, but not only does he come back each time, he learns from his mistakes and comes back stronger. Doom is the most dangerous villain on the planet. He is a super genius, a sorcerer, and a head of state. He has his own style of technology, and he's also working with a network.

That's something we'll see in "DoomWar" - his network. Haven't you ever wondered what kind of support system he would have to maintain? He needs vast income, access to raw materials, factories, design teams, you name it. I'm revealing a part of that here. His right hand man for the story is The Broker. We find out who he is at the end of the "Black Panther" 'Power' arc, and we learn that he has ties to the disaster that kicked off the "Civil War." The Broker is smart and very well organized. Doom hired him because of the Broker's main talent: he obtains technologies from super-human, mutant, and alien battles and retro-engineers it, then sells it to super powered terrorists. He's hired and upgraded a bunch of Marvel villains, and also created new ones. He's a monster maker, but he's also a bureaucrat who can manage the flow of resources that Doom needs.

The Broker, working with his own technologies and some bizarre advanced stuff from Doom, is also helping to create some new weapons that will pose a monumental threat to our heroes.

Doom outgunned? Don't believe it for a second.

Black PantherRecent issues of "Black Panther" lead directly into "DoomWar"

Anything else you can tell me about the supporting cast of "DoomWar?"

The X-Men make their impact immediately, and you can bet Wolverine's gonna be slashing his way to Doom from beginning to end! Each X-person has been chosen because of their connection to Storm and because of a very specific skill set.

The Fantastic Four will be there throughout as well. Reed and T'Challa have some things cooking in the lab that are crucial to any chance they have of rescuing Storm or opposing Doom.

And Deadpool is along for the ride. He serves two roles: comic relief ('cause he's a total loon) and muscle ('cause he can rack up a body count). Plus - I dig the character, but remember, Deadpool's always got an angle. So just what does he gain from a war with Doom?

What can you tell me about the scope of "DoomWar?" How big of an impact will the fallout from this series have on the Marvel U?

The scope is huge. It's a war fought on several fronts and in different countries. The stakes are major. Saving one country, saving Storm's life, and very likely preventing Doom from becoming truly invincible which, we can all agree, would suck for the rest of the world.

Plus, there's an element of revenge, but that will take a different form than some fans may expect. These are intelligent heroes (okay, not Deadpool, but the rest of them are) and they are very subtle. This war is going to have all the Summer Blockbuster special effects, but at the same time it will have a few unexpected twists. Our intention is to have it come off more as "District 9" than "Independence Day" in the way it rolls out.

And - fallout? Oh yeah - but we'll all have to wait and see how that plays out.The upcoming Doomwar 1255120979
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Original_Sin/

Back to top Go down

The upcoming Doomwar Empty Re: The upcoming Doomwar

Post by The Weather God Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:28 am

Looking forward to this a while bunch!
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

https://storm-goddess.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:51 am

The Weather God wrote:Looking forward to this a while bunch!

I just hope they FINALLY use Storm to her potential and let her cut loose...Finally use all those held back emotions to fuel her power!! Twisted Evil
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:02 pm

totally right..

i don't think doom can hold back storms full power and abillities... and i hope SHE will not be portrait as a poor and weak victim who got to be saved by her husband... she don't need to be saved IMO
hwoarang1986
hwoarang1986

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm

hwoarang1986 wrote:totally right..

i don't think doom can hold back storms full power and abillities... and i hope SHE will not be portrait as a poor and weak victim who got to be saved by her husband... she don't need to be saved IMO

I just hope that the rumors are true and she is pregnant
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 am

pregnant!? wowi.. that would make her even more important 4 the mutants after m-day
hwoarang1986
hwoarang1986

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:10 am

hwoarang1986 wrote:pregnant!? wowi.. that would make her even more important 4 the mutants after m-day

Hopefully its a girl!...If the rumors are true. Shocked
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 pm

lol... a girl would be cool but a boy would rock too^^
hwoarang1986
hwoarang1986

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 am

For me, Stom is just use as the start of the trouble but won't really be one of the main chracters of the story.
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:08 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:For me, Stom is just use as the start of the trouble but won't really be one of the main chracters of the story.

I dont think so. In another interview(I'll see if I can find it) They said Storm would play a MAJOR role. Soooooo.
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stormulttt Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 am

God Of The Storm wrote:
hwoarang1986 wrote:pregnant!? wowi.. that would make her even more important 4 the mutants after m-day

What? hell no she isnt pregnant if she is im gone seriously i dont even like the marriage its retarded to me sure im enjoying the spotlight she gets in mainstream but writers need to realize storm could do just as well with a husband and a family we dont need another sue richards running around. jesus christ.....i mean for god sakes this woman was prominant in the 90's being compared to WonderWoman and now shes going to be whippinh snotty noses? no just..no if that happens i think im truely done unless a logical retcon is done. i hope in 2010 she can get back to basics with a new permanant outfit and her on solo while co-leading the uncanny x-men or leading(if cyc dies lol). im frankly sick of marriages in comics in the MU we have enough! she doesnt need kids right now. she doesnt need tchalla EVER!

But i am looking forward to doomwar.
stormulttt
stormulttt

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:55 pm

stormulttt wrote:
God Of The Storm wrote:

What? hell no she isnt pregnant if she is im gone seriously i dont even like the marriage its retarded to me sure im enjoying the spotlight she gets in mainstream but writers need to realize storm could do just as well with a husband and a family we dont need another sue richards running around. jesus christ.....i mean for god sakes this woman was prominant in the 90's being compared to WonderWoman and now shes going to be whippinh snotty noses? no just..no if that happens i think im truely done unless a logical retcon is done. i hope in 2010 she can get back to basics with a new permanant outfit and her on solo while co-leading the uncanny x-men or leading(if cyc dies lol). im frankly sick of marriages in comics in the MU we have enough! she doesnt need kids right now. she doesnt need tchalla EVER!

Multt....Superheros have had children and still saved the world. and besides you act like she would have to do it all by herself. Neutral
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:28 am

God Of The Storm wrote:
RLAAMJR. wrote:For me, Stom is just use as the start of the trouble but won't really be one of the main chracters of the story.

I dont think so. In another interview(I'll see if I can find it) They said Storm would play a MAJOR role. Soooooo.

I can't wait to read that interview which i really think you won't find it. and if you will be able to, there is a different between a major role and a major character.
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by stormulttt Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 am

God Of The Storm wrote:
stormulttt wrote:
God Of The Storm wrote:

Multt....Superheros have had children and still saved the world. and besides you act like she would have to do it all by herself. Neutral

still not by BP no not ever and i understand that. but now isnt the time she has so much more she could do.
stormulttt
stormulttt

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:17 pm

stormulttt wrote:
God Of The Storm wrote:
stormulttt wrote:
God Of The Storm wrote:

still not by BP no not ever and i understand that. but now isnt the time she has so much more she could do.

If not BP then who?
I have to agree with that. The last thing Storm needs now is a baby. The timing is ALL wrong. But I still want to see her have a baby. Razz
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 am

could it be Torrent?
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:could it be Torrent?

I doubt it. She had Torrent with Wolverine. Evil or Very Mad
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:37 pm

first of all i think maybe she could get even stronger maybe (you know there nothing more to fear than a mother who protect her child...) I mean.. if storm is going to have a baby i wish her luck... and hope she and BP handle it together.. but.. well.. she don't NEED to have a baby NOW^^
hwoarang1986
hwoarang1986

Back to top Go down

Post by stormulttt Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:could it be Torrent?

torrent needs to come into the 616...but if storm and bp arent apart by the time kitty comes back...they will be if kitty doesnt like it hopefully!
stormulttt
stormulttt

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 am

i don't belive kitty would be against her marriage of storm and BP...
hwoarang1986
hwoarang1986

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 am

could it be Bishop then?
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:could it be Bishop then?
To have a baby with?
Or is the father of the baby?
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 am

the baby. Hmmmm... i guess it's impossible.
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:the baby. Hmmmm... i guess it's impossible.

NAh..Bishop is to..weird. He has no class. It would be almost impossible to explain if he turned out to be Storm's son.
God Of The Storm
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:39 am

did the doomwar start already?
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down