Storm-Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm - The Demigod

+2
The Weather God
SINNER
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Storm - The Demigod Empty Storm - The Demigod

Post by SINNER Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:46 pm

As we all know, Storm has a unique connection with the Elder Goddess Oshtur. What we don't know, is what the benefits of this connection can be.

Since ancient times, the women of Ororo's bloodline have been gifted with distinctive features of white hair and blue eyes, as well as great potential for sorcery, and it is known that Oshtur is the one behind this.

What could this mean for Storm? Could Oshtur be some sort of divine guardian? Could Oshtur be invoked by Storm herself in times of need? Much like the Phoenix Force with Jean Grey, could Oshtur be a source for higher power or deification?

These are all questions I'd like to see answered and explored.

Personally, I would love to have Oshtur become Storm's official guardian and mentor. I would not want Oshtur to be a frequently recurring character in Storm stories, but every once in a while, I'd like Storm to reach out to this higher power that only she and a few others in the Marvel Universe have a link to.

I would not want Storm to evolve into an actual goddess or magical force as Jean Grey has, but I would love Oshtur to grant Storm access to her powers in times of great distress and urgent need, much like with Thor and his "Warrior's Madness" ability. And Storm's ancestral ruby should be the key Storm uses to summon the Lady of the Skies, although it should not be impossible to do so without it.

I would not want Storm to become a full-blown sorceress. I want her to remain a mutant with atmokinetic powers, but there is much story and character development that could derive from this unusual and interesting connection.

What do you fans think about this? And if Storm's connection with Oshtur was further explored, what kind of stories or character development would you want it to lead to?
SINNER
SINNER

Back to top Go down

Storm - The Demigod Empty Re: Storm - The Demigod

Post by SINNER Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Ok this site is dead as hell so i just won't bother coming here anymore.

by yall
SINNER
SINNER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 am

SINNER wrote:Ok this site is dead as hell so i just won't bother coming here anymore.

by yall

Eh, this isn't a massive community forum like well known boards such as superherohype or cbr. You can't really expect someone to answer your post the moment you post them here. There are only about 4 or 5 active members here and there is hardly anything to talk about since Storm isn't doing much of anything right now...

But bye anyway.
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

https://storm-goddess.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 am

SINNER wrote:Ok this site is dead as hell so i just won't bother coming here anymore.

by yall

oh please come back! Sad
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm

If Amahl Farouk was ruler of the Thieves Quarter, and Ororo’s mentor, Achmed El Gibár, was the greatest thief in Cairo, how was he not his agent?

Otherwise, if he was his foe, how was he able to protect Ororo from the Shadow King?

According to Farouk in Uncanny X-Men #265, Storm was promised to him long ago? Had one of her Rain Queen ancestors promised N’Dare’s child to him?

Did he manipulate her father, David, getting posted to Egypt where he’d be killed during the Suez War and Farouk could steal away Ororo? Was the individual who promised Ororo to him David’s boss in New York? Who have we met before in New York who could have employed David as a photojournalist?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

jrnewto wrote:If Amahl Farouk was ruler of the Thieves Quarter, and Ororo’s mentor, Achmed El Gibár, was the greatest thief in Cairo, how was he not his agent?

Otherwise, if he was his foe, how was he able to protect Ororo from the Shadow King?

According to Farouk in Uncanny X-Men #265, Storm was promised to him long ago? Had one of her Rain Queen ancestors promised N’Dare’s child to him?

Did he manipulate her father, David, getting posted to Egypt where he’d be killed during the Suez War and Farouk could steal away Ororo? Was the individual who promised Ororo to him David’s boss in New York? Who have we met before in New York who could have employed David as a photojournalist?

Interesting question. It has been a long time since I have read classic Storm issues, but I don't recall Storm working for Shadow King when she was a kid. I believe that was apart of animated Storm history (i.e. - TAS and WATX Storm only). In comics, her battles wit hthe Shadow King started when she joined the X-Men.

But I like your train of thought here. It would be a very interesting twist if it was revealed that Shadow King had a role in N'Dare's and David's death.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks for your reply:)

Claremont obviously implied a relationship when you consider Xavier was pickpocketed by Ororo in the same story where he did battle with Amahl Farouk.

Perhaps Gibár was protecting Ororo from him, but it seems unlikely if Farouk was ruler of the Thieves Quarter Achmed was a part of!?

Then it was revealed in X-Men #60 that Candra had her “heart of eternal darkness” gem stolen by young Storm’s time as a pickpocket and thief in Cairo, the truth behind why the immortal mutant was there to begin with was never told.

Given Candra established the Thieves Guild of New Orleans, and Amahl Farouk ruled Cairo’s Thieves Quarter at the time of her visit there, does this suggest there was some alliance between the two and she had shown up there to either meet with him or attempt to step in and take his place after Xavier killed his physical shell?

Was she one of the Shadow King’s pawns and he had sent her overseas to set up a similar network?

Recall during UXM#267 that Lian Shen, the King’s agent, indicates Gambit is indebted to her. Did Gambit accumulate this debt while a thief for the Guild (though how a Chinese National who was suggested to have fled Tiananmen Square came to know of the Thieves Guild is beyond me)?

Given Shen refers to Gambit in this issue as “the boy”, I suspect Claremont’s original intent was that he owed her for work she undertook for him in his Orphanage (what with him being another clone of young Nate).

However, given Claremont’s origin was later discarded, alternative explanations are required hence my suggestion of the above.

Candra would therefore appear to be part of the Shadow King’s international “Thieves Guild” network - when you also consider his base of operations after his defeat by Xavier in Cairo was the den of THIEVES, Madripoor!

This then raises my previous question, including if Amahl Farouk was leader of the “Thieves’ Quarter” in Cairo, was Ororo’s old teacher, Achmed El Gibár, one of his agents too?

I’ve always liked the idea when Gambit later becomes “The Witness”, he builds an empire on “thieved” intelligence which he then “sits on” to ensure he can’t be touched or sells to the highest bidder, etc.

Then we have galactic “thief” Lila Cheney who referred to having previously been sold into slavery by some group on Earth! Connection?!

Given Candra’s gem was referred to as the “heart of eternal darkness” does this suggest it is the same one that was later stolen from A.I.M. by Team America in New Mutants #6 which appeared to release the Shadow King’s essence?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Of further interest in Uncanny X-Men #117 is how the Shadow King's astral armour, when he does battle with Xavier, includes a phoenix-insignia on the helmet (it's made even more explicit on the cover of Classic X-Men #23 by Arthur Adams).

What the hell is that meant to imply?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 am

THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
jrnewto wrote:If Amahl Farouk was ruler of the Thieves Quarter, and Ororo’s mentor, Achmed El Gibár, was the greatest thief in Cairo, how was he not his agent?

Interesting question. It has been a long time since I have read classic Storm issues, but I don't recall Storm working for Shadow King when she was a kid. I believe that was apart of animated Storm history (i.e. - TAS and WATX Storm only). In comics, her battles wit hthe Shadow King started when she joined the X-Men.

But I like your train of thought here. It would be a very interesting twist if it was revealed that Shadow King had a role in N'Dare's and David's death.

I believe it was established in UXM #117 that Storm was in fact working for The Shadow King/Farouk at the time. In fact, he was assisting her at the time when she robbed Xavier and went on to state that he was running the "Thieves' Quarter".

We had a long discussion over at CBR about the screwed up time frames in Storm's past. We came to an agreement that Storm worked for Farouk first since it was established in X-men Unlimited #7 that Storm had to work with local street thieves before she was finally accepted into the high ranks by Achmed, and then later with "The Teacher of Thieves'" when she was in her preteens.

Great breakdown, Jrnewto and welcome to Storm-Goddess! Very Happy

Achmed was a very mysterious man who seemed to know alot more than he should have. My guess is he had some sort of deal made with Farouk over the thievery turfs in Cairo. I believe he has some hidden history with The Shadow King and Candra. His Thieves group was also probably equal in ranking to Farouk's until he was destroyed by Xavier.

Achmed must have taken over it all once he was taken out of the picture. I think he saw hidden power within Ororo, and given how accustom he was to the unknown, it is very possible that he was aware of Ororo's bloodline and the potential power within her as the other people were in the Serengeti Plains.

He knew all about Storm being a goddess and an X-men. So it is not so much of a stretch that he knew about it.

The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

@The Weather God: I thought it was Achmed she was directly thieving for, and Farouk was only implied.

Though her pickpocketing Xavier could have been a ploy by Farouk to lure Xavier to him given he knew Charles was a sucker for young mutants!?

Storm’s past timeframes weren’t screwy until after Claremont left.

Thanks for your reception and welcome:)

I agree that there had to be some “understanding” between Achmed and Farouk.

It is however odd that as head thief Achmed didn’t come to rule the Thieves Quarter himself, and I’d be keen to know the circumstances surrounding Farouk’s acquiring control!?

Re: Achmed taking over once Farouk was out of the picture, if there was an alliance with Candra would this necessarily be the case? I’d love to see that explored more:) I think her connection with Farouk could have been a good “out” for writers to resolve the “Externals plot” particularly when you consider Selene was brought into the Hellfire Club at the time the Shadow King secretly ruled it. In fact, was Farouk taking over groups, such as the Thieves Quarter, to vie for a position in the Club, much like Mastermind did with Jean, and the Upstarts later did?

Given Achmed’s talent, was he likewise a mutant, hence why Farouk had been unable to unseat him?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 pm

jrnewto wrote:@The Weather God: I thought it was Achmed she was directly thieving for, and Farouk was only implied.

Though her pickpocketing Xavier could have been a ploy by Farouk to lure Xavier to him given he knew Charles was a sucker for young mutants!?

Storm’s past timeframes weren’t screwy until after Claremont left.

Thanks for your reception and welcome:)

I agree that there had to be some “understanding” between Achmed and Farouk.

It is however odd that as head thief Achmed didn’t come to rule the Thieves Quarter himself, and I’d be keen to know the circumstances surrounding Farouk’s acquiring control!?

Re: Achmed taking over once Farouk was out of the picture, if there was an alliance with Candra would this necessarily be the case? I’d love to see that explored more:) I think her connection with Farouk could have been a good “out” for writers to resolve the “Externals plot” particularly when you consider Selene was brought into the Hellfire Club at the time the Shadow King secretly ruled it. In fact, was Farouk taking over groups, such as the Thieves Quarter, to vie for a position in the Club, much like Mastermind did with Jean, and the Upstarts later did?

Given Achmed’s talent, was he likewise a mutant, hence why Farouk had been unable to unseat him?

According to Storm in X-men Unlimited #7, she was first taken in by street urchins before she was accepted into the ranks of Achmed. So it is possible that she worked first with Farouk and then later with Achmed when he was taken out by Xavier. The urchins at the time probably worked for Farouk. I agree that he used Storm as a ploy to attack Xavier by surprise. When Ororo first picked his pocket, Xavier stated that there was a psychic laugh at the moment it happened. So it does seem deliberate.

Storm's past time frame was screwed up to some degree while Claremont was writing her. He had her work for Farouk after he established that she was taken in by Achmed first and wasn't released until she was much older. The conflict wasn't resolved until Howard Mackie's issue when he established that Storm worked with local street urchins before she started training with Achmed.

I think you have made some incredible points and matched them up quite well for a new story. There are way too many things linking up together for this to be a mere coincidence. It would be perfect to explore in a Storm ongoing. Thanks for the wonderful insight! Very Happy
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks for clarifying that since I'm primarily working off Claremont.

So yes, given the psychic laugh, it would seem Ororo was compelled to pickpocket Xavier at Farouk's behest:)

In addition, if she was working for Farouk after Claremont had already established her being under El Gibár's wing, this would seem to further suggest Achmed was using the street urchins at Farouk's behest. But to what goal?

I write a blog where I've "fixed" a number of abandoned Claremont plots and would love to collaborate on a Storm/ Gambit one if you're keen?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:37 am

Though there is the possibility of El Gibár protecting Ororo from the Shadow King, which would suggest he was a mutant (which would explain his being the most talented thief in Cairo).

This then draws an interesting contrast to when Storm is de-aged and is again a street urchin, this time in Cairo, Illinois, she finds herself once again protected from the Shadow King by a master thief, this time Gambit.

Coincidence?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 am

jrnewto wrote:Though there is the possibility of El Gibár protecting Ororo from the Shadow King, which would suggest he was a mutant (which would explain his being the most talented thief in Cairo).

This then draws an interesting contrast to when Storm is de-aged and is again a street urchin, this time in Cairo, Illinois, she finds herself once again protected from the Shadow King by a master thief, this time Gambit.

Coincidence?

That would have been an interesting story too. You should think about writing for Marvel lol. I'd be buying your books Very Happy .
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 am

Thanks but alas I'd build on Claremont and it seems editorial ain't fond of his danglers:(

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 am

jrnewto wrote:Thanks for clarifying that since I'm primarily working off Claremont.

So yes, given the psychic laugh, it would seem Ororo was compelled to pickpocket Xavier at Farouk's behest:)

In addition, if she was working for Farouk after Claremont had already established her being under El Gibár's wing, this would seem to further suggest Achmed was using the street urchins at Farouk's behest. But to what goal?

I write a blog where I've "fixed" a number of abandoned Claremont plots and would love to collaborate on a Storm/ Gambit one if you're keen?

jrnewto wrote:Though there is the possibility of El Gibár protecting Ororo from the Shadow King, which would suggest he was a mutant (which would explain his being the most talented thief in Cairo).

Coincidence?

I just read over UXM 102, it would appear Claremont established that Achmed's urchins discovered Ororo and not some local urchins. So there is something definitely indicating that Achmed's urchins were either under his protection or Farouk was upper management when it came to who ruled the thieves quarter. Farouk may have been allowed to use them whenever he pleased while Achmed trained them as a teacher and was their leader.
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am

Interesting. Thanks for looking. Do you have any ideas for who might have promised Ororo to Farouk/ Shadow King?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm

jrnewto wrote:Interesting. Thanks for looking. Do you have any ideas for who might have promised Ororo to Farouk/ Shadow King?

Very possibly Storm's uncle, Shetani. Who was established in the UXM Annual in 2006. It was revealed that the males within the family bloodline did not receive any of the power passed down so he sought a different sort of power to destroy theirs and had been hunting for Ororo for years. It is very possible that he made a deal with Farouk in exchange for power of some sort in the past. Which would give her mother more reason to flee with her child.

Storm - The Demigod Shenati.thStorm - The Demigod Shenati2.th

I also went over X-men Unlimited again and discovered confirmation that Achmed knew Ororo was special. Also another interesting thing that happened was there was another mutant that he sought to make the leader of his urchins, while Candra attempted to seduce him and unlock his power.

Storm - The Demigod Xmenunlimited0717.thStorm - The Demigod Xmenunlimited0718.thStorm - The Demigod Xmenunlimited0719.thStorm - The Demigod Xmenunlimited0720.thStorm - The Demigod Xmenunlimited0721.th

The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for the news re: Shetani. That's certainly a possibility:) Was there any detail with regard to his having worked in Egypt or allies there?

Jemal was the mutant who was later revealed to be an illusion, and not real:(

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:20 pm

jrnewto wrote:Thanks for the news re: Shetani. That's certainly a possibility:) Was there any detail with regard to his having worked in Egypt or allies there?

Jemal was the mutant who was later revealed to be an illusion, and not real:(

While true, neither Candra nor Achmed realized that the illusion came from his best friend Karima, who Ororo eventually trained to lead the urchins once Jamil was a lost cause. Razz

Storm - The Demigod Karmatraining.th

As for Shetani, there were no details about Egypt or any about allies there, but I will go over it again later to see if I missed something. They were in Turkana, but there was alot of indication that he had been looking all over the country for Storm and that he wanted her alive.

Storm - The Demigod Shetani2.th
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks again for the details about Uncle Shetani. I'm thinking he's the guy given the story was written by Claremont:) Awesome:)

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Even more interesting is the fact that her great uncle’s name, Shetani, refers to a malevolent spirit in Kenyan mythology that is able to take different forms. The word is Swahili, and is borrowed from Arabic, meaning Shaitan/ devil/ adversary.

Makes you think of the Shadow King, but moreso Shaitan. Wonder if that creature that came to possess Storm in X-Treme X-Men had links with her family bloodline and had previously been possessing her great uncle, hence his name?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 pm

That is very interesting info! There is way too much there to be a coincidence. Claremont is full of secrets! He needs to come back and get this stuff out right now.
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm

You might like to scour my attempts to resolve a number of his plots on my blog (just not able to post the URL here:( You can email me at jrnewto at fastmail dot fm

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by jrnewto Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Anyone have any theories for who Claremont intended Storm’s “Merciful Bright Lady/ Goddess” to be?

jrnewto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next