Storm-Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical vulnerabilities?

5 posters

Go down

Physical vulnerabilities? Empty Physical vulnerabilities?

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 am

I know Storm's body can adjust itself to the surrounding atmosphere so she's never too hot or cold. But what if someone say, spilled boiling water on her? Would that hurt her, or have no effect?
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Physical vulnerabilities? Empty Re: Physical vulnerabilities?

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Not sure but it's an interesting question. The limit to her immunity to extreme heat and cold has never been revealed. She has been burned by fire but there was no permanent physical damage to her body, and she held Iceman when he unleashed near absolute zero cold and has went into the exosphere (the edge of space) in her classic uniform (basically a bikini lol) and was completely fine.

She has shown that she is vulnerable to electricity based attacks if er body is not ready to compensate for the sudden increase in electrical energy. She has shown the ability to deflect and counter electrical attacks but has also been consistently stunned and even incapacitated by these attacks.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 am

I still think the vulnerability to electrical attacks is poor writing. How can someone who is basically a human lightning rod be shocked? It makes no sense. I could understand if she were to be stunned by the impact of the blow, but not by actually being shocked.
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 am

EyeOfTheStorm wrote:I still think the vulnerability to electrical attacks is poor writing. How can someone who is basically a human lightning rod be shocked? It makes no sense. I could understand if she were to be stunned by the impact of the blow, but not by actually being shocked.

Agreed. She channels tremendous amounts of electricity through her body on a regular basis. The origin of the electricity shouldn't really matter since the energy is the same. I mean in the beginning, it could be acceptable since she is learning to use her powers, but after all of these years of experience and developing her skills, she should not be effected by it at all.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 am

That's why I think some of the writers either don't like her or are just not comfortable writing her.
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am

Also true and I don't know what the big deal is with these lazy-ass writers these days. If they don't like the character I'd rather they leave her out of the title so it can save her fans some money and not make her a jobber to the characters they do like vs what we got from Fraction's run, which was a complete nightmare for Storm fans.

If Chris Claremont, Chuck Kim, Chris Yost and Warren Ellis can write a compelling Storm and be creative with her powerset tand incorporate her meaningfully in a story then I don't see why others can't find ways to do the same. Marvel's standards have really dropped inthe last few years.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:33 am

I'm not familiar with Fraction's work. How did he misrepresent Storm?
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 pm

EyeOfTheStorm wrote:I'm not familiar with Fraction's work. How did he misrepresent Storm?

By having her show up in random once in a blue moon instances and only having her shoot lightning. She had virtually no impact in any of his stories.

As for the original question, I think it depends on what the writer decides. But I personally don't think it would cause her any serious damage. She's been scorched mercilessly by lightning and fire attacks and have come out with little to no physical damage to her body.
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

https://storm-goddess.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 am

That's good to hear. It would be unfitting for the Mistress of the Elements to be downed by her own servants after all.
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm

And we have another possible instance coming up this month in Avenger's # 20 Evil or Very Mad ...

I mean really??? Can't writers thinkl of another way for her to get hurt/stunned without it havving to be her damn powers. Did you see the upcoming preview for Avengers #20?
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 am

Not yet. Does she get hit by her own lightning?
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Can't tell yet. Be on the look out for my 2000 rant when this comes out next week!
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOfTheStorm Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 am

I haven't even bought #19 yet, so will wait to read your rant.
EyeOfTheStorm
EyeOfTheStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by RLAAMJR. Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 am

Perhaps Storm can feel the heat but her body is actually just fine.
RLAAMJR.
RLAAMJR.

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm

EyeOfTheStorm wrote:I haven't even bought #19 yet, so will wait to read your rant.

OK, so maybe not 200 word rant but did you get #21? This is such BS? So in issue #20, she was hit by these Wasp clones created by H.A.M.M.E.R. with a bio-electric sting, which makes sense OK....BUT, I don't want to ruin it for you if your going to check out the issue but you probably won't want to buy it once you read it. Let me know if you want the details Mad .
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 am

THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
EyeOfTheStorm wrote:I haven't even bought #19 yet, so will wait to read your rant.

OK, so maybe not 200 word rant but did you get #21? This is such BS? So in issue #20, she was hit by these Wasp clones created by H.A.M.M.E.R. with a bio-electric sting, which makes sense OK....BUT, I don't want to ruin it for you if your going to check out the issue but you probably won't want to buy it once you read it. Let me know if you want the details Mad.

I want the details Very Happy What going on after that?! Very Happy I am agree for her to be stunned by those BIO-ELECTRIC stings or whatever... she never shown resistance to that... she should be vulnerable somehow. But I am agree on the lightning stuffs, she reproduce lightnings in huge amounts I was totally shocked when I see that she gets stun or taken down by lightning or electricity for that matter it's not natural... after all she controls those stuffs.
vladko92
vladko92

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:10 am

vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

OK, so maybe not 200 word rant but did you get #21? This is such BS? So in issue #20, she was hit by these Wasp clones created by H.A.M.M.E.R. with a bio-electric sting, which makes sense OK....BUT, I don't want to ruin it for you if your going to check out the issue but you probably won't want to buy it once you read it. Let me know if you want the details Mad.

I want the details :DWhat going on after that?! :DI am agree for her to be stunned by those BIO-ELECTRIC stings or whatever... she never shown resistance to that... she should be vulnerable somehow. But I am agree on the lightning stuffs, she reproduce lightnings in huge amounts I was totally shocked when I see that she gets stun or taken down by lightning or electricity for that matter it's not natural... after all she controls those stuffs.

Apparently, immunity to electricity is something Claremont was unwilling to establish for the character. She can counter it or become immune if she's ready for the assault though. Storm didn't do well in this book after these events. There was a scene in a following issue where they had her trapped in a bubble and they showed her trying to escape. But the scientist were easily able to subdue her by gassing the chamber. lol

After finally escaping she had a neat little showing where she removed a Hulked out Osborn from the facility with her winds so that the Avengers could deal with another threat. Aside from that, nothing else. Avengers vs X-men happened and Storm ended up siding with the X-men in that event.
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:22 am

The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I want the details :DWhat going on after that?! :DI am agree for her to be stunned by those BIO-ELECTRIC stings or whatever... she never shown resistance to that... she should be vulnerable somehow. But I am agree on the lightning stuffs, she reproduce lightnings in huge amounts I was totally shocked when I see that she gets stun or taken down by lightning or electricity for that matter it's not natural... after all she controls those stuffs.

Apparently, immunity to electricity is something Claremont was unwilling to establish for the character. She can counter it or become immune if she's ready for the assault though. Storm didn't do well in this book after these events. There was a scene in a following issue where they had her trapped in a bubble and they showed her trying to escape. But the scientist were easily able to subdue her by gassing the chamber. lol

After finally escaping she had a neat little showing where she removed a Hulked out Osborn from the facility with her winds so that the Avengers could deal with another threat. Aside from that, nothing else. Avengers vs X-men happened and Storm ended up siding with the X-men in that event.

I am aware of that, and I am even aware that she fought with BP, none of them won in that matter... I was so disappointed that she fought with her husband... I never expected that to happen. Very Happy
vladko92
vladko92

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

vladko92 wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I am aware of that, and I am even aware that she fought with BP, none of them won in that matter... I was so disappointed that she fought with her husband... I never expected that to happen. Very Happy

I had a feeling that the marriage was coming to an end but I was not expecting, though not disappointed Twisted Evil , that they fought each other. After I got used to T'Challa and Storm not being on panel together after Doom War I was pretty much ready for her to move on and go back with the X-Men. The potential good for her character is my only real disappointment, but while she was married it was rare that I liked the way that she was written. I think only McDuffie and Yost got it right. I think we will see her and T'Challa reunite next month in Wolverine #8.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:22 am

THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I had a feeling that the marriage was coming to an end but I was not expecting, though not disappointed Twisted Evil , that they fought each other. After I got used to T'Challa and Storm not being on panel together after Doom War I was pretty much ready for her to move on and go back with the X-Men. The potential good for her character is my only real disappointment, but while she was married it was rare that I liked the way that she was written. I think only McDuffie and Yost got it right. I think we will see her and T'Challa reunite next month in Wolverine #8.

Let's hope so, I really want for them to come back together. Smile
vladko92
vladko92

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 pm

vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I don't know if I want to see them back on panel together. It would be cool if they were reconciled and friendly, which Aaron was trying to do in A+X and WatX #25, but with her (and mutants) being banned from and having to show up there, I am not sure we will get a friendly reunion. Seeing Storm get EPIC on panel is always nice though, so...let's see what we get.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 am

THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I don't know if I want to see them back on panel together. It would be cool if they were reconciled and friendly, which Aaron was trying to do in A+X and WatX #25, but with her (and mutants) being banned from and having to show up there, I am not sure we will get a friendly reunion. Seeing Storm get EPIC on panel is always nice though, so...let's see what we get.

I've never been part of panel... but I've watch clips for it, however I am not really a huge fan of Comics if I have to be honest. I hate reading... and not hearing and seeing with audio and visual effects their powers, speeches and so on... I like however the idea for motion comic Very Happy
vladko92
vladko92

Back to top Go down

Post by THUNDERBOLT30 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 am

vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
vladko92 wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:

I've never been part of panel... but I've watch clips for it, however I am not really a huge fan of Comics if I have to be honest. I hate reading... and not hearing and seeing with audio and visual effects their powers, speeches and so on... I like however the idea for motion comic Very Happy

Understandable. I'm a book addict and have been collecting for a long time so it's ingrained in me. Seeing their powers on the big screen, TV or in games is always super exciting for me as well, but I am also quite happy to see it done in comics. she has quite a few things going in comics, even though she has not received a lot of focus over the past year so far. I'm glad that she took over as Headmistress of the Jean Grey school, that she is leading her own all female X-men team, also co-leading an X-Force team, has some quite "friendly" situation with Wolverine, and she may also join the asgardian valkyries. What would give for Storm to have her own solo book, movie or animated movie all about her. it's long over due.
THUNDERBOLT30
THUNDERBOLT30
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:29 am

THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:

Understandable. I'm a book addict and have been collecting for a long time so it's ingrained in me. Seeing their powers on the big screen, TV or in games is always super exciting for me as well, but I am also quite happy to see it done in comics. she has quite a few things going in comics, even though she has not received a lot of focus over the past year so far. I'm glad that she took over as Headmistress of the Jean Grey school, that she is leading her own all female X-men team, also co-leading an X-Force team, has some quite "friendly" situation with Wolverine, and she may also join the asgardian valkyries. What  would give for Storm to have her own solo book, movie or animated movie all about her. it's long over due.  

I'm sort of in the middle. I'm not very big on the reading but a compelling story can keep my attention. However, television, video games, and other media outlets are where my interest lie the most.  I think an animated Storm film would be a very nice start. One focused specifically on her would give her more lee way to focus on the more violent and cruel stuff that would be too graphic to fit into the Saturday morning cartoons(the dc Wonder Woman film is a good example). I also think a live adaption film would be great, but highly doubt we'll be seeing one any time soon. I wonder what happened to them creating the new X-men  animated series?
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 am

The Weather God wrote:
THUNDERBOLT30 wrote:
vladko92 wrote:

Understandable. I'm a book addict and have been collecting for a long time so it's ingrained in me. Seeing their powers on the big screen, TV or in games is always super exciting for me as well, but I am also quite happy to see it done in comics. she has quite a few things going in comics, even though she has not received a lot of focus over the past year so far. I'm glad that she took over as Headmistress of the Jean Grey school, that she is leading her own all female X-men team, also co-leading an X-Force team, has some quite "friendly" situation with Wolverine, and she may also join the asgardian valkyries. What  would give for Storm to have her own solo book, movie or animated movie all about her. it's long over due.  

I'm sort of in the middle. I'm not very big on the reading but a compelling story can keep my attention. However, television, video games, and other media outlets are where my interest lie the most.  I think an animated Storm film would be a very nice start. One focused specifically on her would give her more lee way to focus on the more violent and cruel stuff that would be too graphic to fit into the Saturday morning cartoons(the dc Wonder Woman film is a good example). I also think a live adaption film would be great, but highly doubt we'll be seeing one any time soon. I wonder what happened to them creating the new X-men  animated series?

What new X-Men animated series? I've never heard about it, can I have a link to this source, or w/e it is there?
vladko92
vladko92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum