Storm-Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther

Go down

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Empty AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Lunapic_13462558338200_1

The issue of Storm vs Black Panther’s portion starts out in the clouds above Wakanda. Storm describes her ability to call upon the lightning in dramatic detail. She nails her husband with a bolt and describes her husband’s ability to redirect her bolts with his gauntlets. T’Challa is overcome with emotion as he watches his Wife furiously attempt to put him down. He describes the pain of how much he has screwed up his marriage and how he would never forgive himself for what he’s done to her. He tries to reassure himself that he made a choice between saving the world or his marriage.

Storm continues her assault with her winds, but her husband decides that he should reveal his next crushing trick to her, by using nanotech and satellites to cancel out her powers against him. Storm is angered even further when she realized that he had a plan all along to neutralize her powers. She goes in and fights with her fist, explaining how sorry she was that it took the end of the world for her to realize what a terrible husband he was and that he should not blame the Phoenix or Cyclops, or anyone else for what’s happened between them.

Flashbacks are shown between the two: T’Challa proposing, the two getting married and on their honeymoon. T’Challa explains that he’s thankful they’ve never had children while Storm thinks positively about how things would have been different if they did have them. Storm expresses that she will always love him and T’Challa will always regret what could have been. T’Challa steals one final kiss before Storm punches him away. Rachel arrives and explains that Hope wasn’t there. Storm takes one final look at her wedding ring before tossing it to the ground and flying off.

There was no winner announced, it explains that there was no winners here in that fight.
I thought the issue was superb and it nails the final nail in the coffin for why this marriage simply hasn’t worked. T’Challa is not committed enough to his Wife to care about the consequences of their marriage. Everything that Storm expressed has been needed to be said for a really long time. I am thankful Aaron gave her this opportunity; To give Storm her moment in the midst of all of this chaos.

I know that Storm’s powers being cancelled out by the satellites and nanites shouldn’t have worked entirely but it was quite obvious that both of them were holding back. I think it was clear that Storm wanted to lay her bare fist against this man in the first place and I am thankful she was given the opportunity to do so. I’m also grateful to see that T’Challa was given some humanity in this issue and that he takes full responsibility for why this marriage didn’t work(even though we all know it was the Marvel Office that is the real truth)

An overall must have 9/10 for me.

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Th_stormvsbp1AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Th_stormvsvbp2AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Th_stormvsbp3
The Weather God
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

https://storm-goddess.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther :: Comments

The Weather God

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm by The Weather God

AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Stormvsbp1
AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Stormvsvbp2
AVX VS #05 Storm Vs Black Panther Stormvsbp3

Back to top Go down

NativeSon

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm by NativeSon

Very Nice review SC. The fight between these two went a lot different than I thought it would. I'm glad Aaron went with a more emotional approach as opposed to them just brawling like the other Versus battles. His writing style reminds me of Grant Morrison. I believe this is one of the most dramatic fights in AvX. Like I've said many times before the art is just lovely.

Back to top Go down

THUNDERBOLT30

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 am by THUNDERBOLT30

Great Review WG Very Happy ! You know I am rejoicing. I am SO greatful that Aaron gave us some good emotion and fleshed out Storm and BP's perspective on their marriage, and I am STOKED that Storm stood up for herself in this issue. Never has any man did to Storm what she allowed BP to do. Forge got clocked in the face and dropped when she found out about him being the creator of th tech that took away her powers. He got a knife in the chest when she thought he was a threat, no matter how she felt about him. Why BP got away with so much with her I have no clue. But I have this day etched on my calendar Laughing ! She told BP to kick rocks....and take back that cheap a$$ ring! LOVED IT!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down